- I caused this.
- He promised not to do it again.
- I have to give him another chance.
- I have no place to go.
- I’ll look like such a failure.
- How will I survive?
- What about the kids?
- I want us to be a family.
- I deserve it because I keep upsetting him.
- If only I could stop making him do this.
- He’s trying hard to change.
- I’ll try harder from now on.
Abuse only stops when you stop making excuses. Otherwise, you’re part of the problem.
Cheerfully stolen from http://blog.swprn.com/blog/bid/25853/Abuse-Excuses.