An interesting article based on University of Utah research came out that states that bringing an iPod to a doctor’s office can be helpful for reducing pain. It is especially helpful for people who experience anxiety.
However, the jury is still out on the effect of music such as this stirring version of “Skye Boat Song” and “Amazing Grace”:
- Music May Help Ease Pain for Anxious People (nlm.nih.gov)
- Music May Help Ease Pain for Anxious People (maboulette.wordpress.com)
- Music Soothes Anxiety, Reduces Pain (psychcentral.com)
- Study Assesses Pain Relieving Benefits From Music (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Study: Music Can Ease Pain (webmd.com)